Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To neglect or not to neglect...

I have noticed lately, while contemplating my own blogging experience and reading those of others, we neglect our children while we blog (or at least i do). -edit: this post is supposed to be humorous, just in case you didn't gather that while reading my thoughts.
Ya know, I enjoy blogging, I enjoy reading other people's blogs... as we all do, so this morning I am reading a friend of a friends blog and I start thinking about my own child, who I can no longer hear, and well what do ya know, she is right be behind me. And guess what she has found... the gum in mommy's purse...
This reminds me of another blogging "neglect" story... This was actually the very first time I blogged, i was trying out this whole scene and while doing so I payed very small attention to my small child. Who was just crawling around on the floor when she came to our lamp, floor to ceiling lamp that is with a beautiful glass shade... well she decided this lamp would be an excellent crutch to stand up with. And it was, she stood. Then fell and took the lamp with her... Yes this lamp was at like a perfect angel when she fell, and as if to let me know I was paying too little attention to her, the lamp fell at me. The glass of the shade came to a fast stop on the very corner of the desk I was sitting at, so it caught me off guard to say the least and shattered all over me and the desk. Thankfully not reaching Ciella!

This is the lamp before...
This is the lamp after...
You'd think i have learned my lesson, but no, still today I was blogging and once again paying little attention to my child and look what happened... she found the gum! Might I add a small note to redeem myself... I do usually try and blog when Ciella is sleeping or if Garrett can help me watch her, but sometimes I just cant help my self...

1 comment:

Shar said...

Blogging is as addicting as... gum.