Beware, this is a long post with weird facts about my pregancy's, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't read it! Or feel free to continue reading!
I'm sure those of you with multiple children can relate!
Being pregnant for the second time I find it very interesting to compare my two pregnancy's! When I was pregnant with Ciella I really never "felt" pregnant, except for my monthly Doctor's appointment. I was really excited to be pregnant, don't get me wrong, I read all those pregnancy week-by-week books, thought about the baby, what about this and that... and stuff, but I never had any pregnancy symptoms like food craving and such, except for some MAJOR HEARTBURN that seemed to be constant through-out my entire pregnancy! But this pregnancy is quite a bit different. So different in fact you'd think maybe I'm having the opposite sex, but no, that was ruled out by our ultrasound! Although I think Garrett's still hoping for a miracle! Heres a run down of all the weird things that are going on inside my growing body. (yes, I realize many of my new symptoms that I'm just now experiencing, many other people experienced them with their pregnancy's long before now! :)
Tired?
Pregnancy #1: I never really felt tired, not even at the very end.
Pregnancy #2: I am tired all the freakin time!!!! I lay down for my nap as soon as Ciella is in her crib for her nap and I'm pretty sure I fall asleep long before she does! (she does try and boycott the nap by talking in her bed for sometimes an hour before she'll let herself fall asleep!) I thought this whole tired thing was supposed to end with the first trimester, nope, not for me!!!
Although I do chase around a little girl all day which might add to my exhaustion!
Heartburn?
Pregnancy #1: heartburn started only a few months into my pregnancy and stayed the whole time. I made it thanks to my prescription of Zantac 150!
Pregnancy #2: Once again I had the expected heartburn, but this time a little more extreme. I woke up this morning at 6:oo AM from heartburn!!! Don't you think that was a bit early in the day to have heartbrun? 6:00 AM!!!!!! ? Thankfully I have another prescription of Zantac!
Smells bothering you?
This is the funniest to me for who knows what reason!
Pregnancy #1" Never had a problem with smells that I can remember!
Pregnany #2: Oh my gosh where do i begin... heres a few of the smells that I can't stand any more:
-wet wipes, all kinds.
-my own perfume, weird I know. The other day I put some on my neck, practically threw up (ok slight exaggeration, i wasn't going to throw up) from the smell and then immediately began cleaning it off with wet wipes! I know what was I thinking, wet wipes? both of those smells bother me, but that about ruined my day. if I didn't get a wif of the prefume and want to die, I would get a wif of the wet wipe and want to die!
-my hair conditioner, another smell I enjoyed before now.
-raw chicken, not only the smell, that I don't think I have noticed much before, but I don't even want to touch the stuff. It wasn't my favorite thing to do before of course, but now, I'll do just about anything else then touch, clean, cut or smell raw chicken!
-And the weirdest of them all which is the worst smell of them all right now: Garrett's deodorant! How funny is that! The smell bothers me so much I struggle doing our dirty laundry, I don't even want to separate the lights from the darks cuz one wif and I'm done for! Thankfully my sweet and understanding husband kindly put that smelly deodorant away and uses a different less smelly one! He must think I'm crazy by now.
Food cravings?
Pregnancy #1: no food cravings at all what so ever
Pregnancy #2: What haven't I craved this time is a better question? I am currently craving Lemon Bars and the Olive Garden. Last week it was anything with cream cheese, specifically cream cheese brownies, which I never let myself make cuz I am scared to death of the extra weight gain.
Thats all I can think of for now! I'm sure if Garrett were to read this he would add in a few extra's like, my wife has gone emotionally crazy and so on. But I of course would have no idea what he's talking about! ;] It's funny though how different everything was the first time around! So besides popping Zantac 150 pills around the clock, sleeping as often as humanly possible for a mother with 1 child, avoiding Garrett's deodorant, eating anything besides chicken that I would of had to prepare and craving sweets, ... life is good! :)
14 years ago
8 comments:
Sounds just like when I was pregnant. One time Danny was making brownies and I lost it. Oh and the Zantac 150 is a life saver! I also remember this one day Danny left for work at 8:00am and I was in bed and then he came home around 7:00pm and I was still in bed,he had to wake me up, I had slept the entire day without waking up...Crazy.
I couldn't stand the smell of Nate. He didn't smell bad, just SO weird. I couldn't stand it.
I don't eat chicken anymore. And I'm totally with you on the touching it.
Wet wipes. That's really funny. And I guess even the "unscented" ones smell too. I guess you're up a creek without a paddle on that one!
I threw out and gave away ALL of my good smelly lotions when I was pregnant. They made me so sick. And I still can't stand the smell of the perfume "Lovely". So weird.
And I hated the way Richard smelled. He wasn't stinky, I just didn't like it. One of my in-home nurses told me that she'd had a couple patients that felt that way.
It does seem like you'd be having a boy since your pregnancies are so different. Guess we'll just have to wait and see for sure!
Mel, I was cracking up! Those are too funny! I had 3 of the same sex babies all in row and each pregnancy was different. When Brynn came along, that pregnancy had a little bit of the previous 3 all mixed up in it! It is a total miracle that are bodies can produce these babies! If you remember any more make sure to post them. One thing that I did notice that was different with Brynn was that my feet were always hot! With the boys my feet were always cold!
Oh man, I just left this totally awesome comment but it didn't publish for some reason. You had me laughing with your post but sorry that stinks for you. Post some more stuff if you or Garrett thinks of it. Speaking of hair products, I'm starting to try Bumble & Bumble products--have you used their stuff? So far I'm impressed! It's super expensive but it seems like you're the first person who started teaching me how to do my hair, so I figured I should keep you informed on my hair life. Hang in there with the pregnancy!
Hey, I think we are due a day apart! I'm due on June 25th. I hear ya with the being tired and the heartburn!! By the way your little girl is so cute!
Hey Melanie...Jim would say I am emotional even when I'm not pregnant! All kinds of weird things happened to me. For me the smell was my pantry. I made everyone smell it to see if it really was bad and nobody else really smelled anything and thought I was crazy! I couldn't even look at a pizza box when I was pregnant with Carter. I became forgetful when I was pregnant both times! My heartburn never got as bad as yours so I sympathize with you because my mild heartburn stunk!!
haha. it's so funny how different pregnancies can be!! when i was pregnant with crew, i was so sensitive to smells too and it was summer and i thought buffalo always smelled. and i had this really weird obsession with the doorknobs making my hands smell. pregnancy really does some weird things!!
Post a Comment