Unfortunately,
today I had the wonderful (OK not so wonderful) opportunity to find out...
Here's how it went down,
I was at the Mall with a few friends.
Ciella was playing with a friends stroller and her little boy (the boy who got lost at the zoo)
The friend left, I thought nothing of it...
UNTIL, a few minutes later,
I thought, huh, Ciella isn't playing with her friend, he left, so where is Ciella...
I thought for sure she was playing in the racks of clothes near me,
nope, she was no where to be seen
I started to panic, JUST A LITTLE.
I start looking all over the store we where in and the one connected to it, NO CIELLA anywhere.
OK so at this point I'm panicked just a bit more,
I happened to ask the sales clerk if she had seen my little princess, her response, "NO"
OK then I was seriously panicking
I RUN OUTSIDE THE STORE, NO CIELLA ANYWHERE,
Had she followed someone else out of the store, did she try to find her friend...
did someone TAKE HER? My sad, scared little mind went crazy
then I almost started to cry...
when thankfully the sales clerk get my attention.
My lost 2 yr. old child had been found.
She was playing in a closed dressing room in the very back of the store!!!
After several forced hugs and "mommy thought I lost you..." Ciella went back to playing in the racks of clothes.
(my sweet Ciella lovin her blanket)
Wow, I felt so relieved and stupidly irresponsible all at the same time.
How had I taken my eyes off of her and how had she left and I not realized it? It was only a total of like 5 minutes where I was frantically searching for her, but they were the longest 5 minutes of my life and the scariest. (along with the time I lost my wedding ring in the sand at the beach)
I hated that I wondered what it would feel like to lose a child. And unfortunately now I know!
I know this isn't in focus, but it was cute of my girls together!
Cadence 3 and 1/2 months, Ciella 2 yrs 4 months

and just another cute one of Cadence for the family
Here's how it went down,
I was at the Mall with a few friends.
Ciella was playing with a friends stroller and her little boy (the boy who got lost at the zoo)
The friend left, I thought nothing of it...
UNTIL, a few minutes later,
I thought, huh, Ciella isn't playing with her friend, he left, so where is Ciella...
I thought for sure she was playing in the racks of clothes near me,
nope, she was no where to be seen
I started to panic, JUST A LITTLE.
I start looking all over the store we where in and the one connected to it, NO CIELLA anywhere.
OK so at this point I'm panicked just a bit more,
I happened to ask the sales clerk if she had seen my little princess, her response, "NO"
OK then I was seriously panicking
I RUN OUTSIDE THE STORE, NO CIELLA ANYWHERE,
Had she followed someone else out of the store, did she try to find her friend...
did someone TAKE HER? My sad, scared little mind went crazy
then I almost started to cry...
when thankfully the sales clerk get my attention.
My lost 2 yr. old child had been found.
She was playing in a closed dressing room in the very back of the store!!!
After several forced hugs and "mommy thought I lost you..." Ciella went back to playing in the racks of clothes.
(my sweet Ciella lovin her blanket)
Wow, I felt so relieved and stupidly irresponsible all at the same time.
How had I taken my eyes off of her and how had she left and I not realized it? It was only a total of like 5 minutes where I was frantically searching for her, but they were the longest 5 minutes of my life and the scariest. (along with the time I lost my wedding ring in the sand at the beach)
I hated that I wondered what it would feel like to lose a child. And unfortunately now I know!
I know this isn't in focus, but it was cute of my girls together!
Cadence 3 and 1/2 months, Ciella 2 yrs 4 months
and just another cute one of Cadence for the family
9 comments:
Loosing them is the scariest thing in the world. We were at Disneyland Paris last February, I thought Lee had Kaylee and he thought I had her as we walked away from a ride. Lee's parents were there too. Anyway to cut a long story short no one had Kaylee. I was shouting, Heart Pounding, Running in circles when we finally found her. It was only like 5 minutes as well and lucky for us we had told her if she ges lost or she cant see mommy & daddy to stay where she was and not move so we could go back to her. She did lucky for us. But it sure makes you think for a minute doesnt it. Honest SO SCARY!! I am glad you found Ciella. The pics of the girls are beautiful! You have such beautiful babies!! Love to you all!
Scary!
They are so cute!
Reading your post made me have flash backs of loosing Parker last week. I am so glad Ciella was found and she was safe.
Yikes! Glad everything turned out okay. I can totally picture you freaking out. Not that one wouldn't freak out in this situation. Remember that time you lost your toe ring (?) while ice blocking and you made everyone stop and look for it with you??? Yup, I can totally picture you freaking out :)
I am so sorry! That is so awful! Sicne I am getting larger it is harder to see around myself, and the other day at the store, I though I lost Brynn, very quickly the sick feeling in my stomach forms and my heart starts beating so loud in my head! I started frantically calling her name, and turning all around! Thankfully she was just in my blind spot, created by my tummy! Ha Ha! Connor and Chandler just saw the post right below this and they wanted you to know that C is for Candence but also Connor and Chandler too! And dont forget Ciella that said too! I love the picture of the 2 girls together, because of Ciella's big smile! Too cute!
ok that's so scary!! i'm glad you found her safe and sound.
I hate that feeling. Every mom experiences it at one time or another no matter how on top of it they think they are. The girls' pictures are adorable. Miss you guys. Lots of love!!!
I feel like a terrible Mom but I've been in that situation more than once. it is the worst feeling in the entire world, and probably my worst fear. So glad you found her safe and sound.
that is so scary! Thankfully she was safe and you found her! It really is true you cant take your eyes off of your kids for a second because they are so fast!! Cute pictures! They are so cute together! love you guys!!
Post a Comment