My Mom may be the greatest Mom! I am sad I was 2,500 miles away from her on this special holiday! I am so glad I had such a great Mom! She pretty much taught me everything I know and helped mold me into the women and mother I am today! I love you Mom... Your the Best! Happy Mothers Day!
I am so lucky to also be a Mother to these 2 sweet little angels!
I had the sweetest Mothers Day moment at church on Sunday! It was the 1st time Ciella has been old enough to sing with all the primary children from the stand! But she went up with all the kids and stood up front so she could see me! She didn't actually sing, just looked at me smiling, so excited to be up on the stand with all the kids! I sat and cried happy, proud tears! She was so sweet up there, her smile was filled with happiness! I was so glad to be a Mother at that moment! I love my girls so much!
Today I realized how lucky I am!
Ciella is at such an age where she is just crazy about learning and seems to soak everything up! Beware what you say around her, it just may be repeated!
Warning: emotions ahead...
But today I was doing a little Family Home Evening with her. I really haven't done it on a consistant basis, but I know I need to, especially after today! ( And I don't want her to be that kid in primary that doesn't know anything about the gospel) I figuered I would start with the basics and went on to teach her about Joseph Smith and about his life and how he came to get the gold plates. She had so many questions and really seem to be excited about him seeing Heavenly Father and Christ! I started to tell her about the First Vision, and I was so over whellmed by the spirit! And I knew what I was telling her was the truth. It was wonderful to feel the spirit and share my testimony with my child! And have my testimony strenghtened! It was a great reminder why I am so lucky to be a Mom and be able to teach my girls about the Gosple! It was a sweet moment mostly because I kept thinking that she is most definitally feeling the spirit too and just didn't know it! Or maybe she did! But I know she is becoming familiar with the sweet feelings that the spirit brings! I just wanted the teaching to never stop! But bed time called to us! She kept asking questions as her little eyes fell asleep! What a sweet moment!
I am so lucky to be a Mother!
14 years ago
3 comments:
When I was teaching Ciella's class in primary this week, I totally felt the spirit. There was 9 of them in class so usually it's just crazy. They were all really quiet and listening to the lesson. It was such a sweet moment.
PS Ciella is really awesome in sunbeams.
Your girls are beautiful and seem so sweet. Hope all is going well out there. Seems like it is.
That is amazing! I started to tear a little reading your experience with her. How wonderful it is to feel the spirit so strong around our little ones.
Post a Comment