Thursday, September 13, 2007

4 Generations...

My Mother and my Grandmother are visiting us in New York! And if this picture doesn't just say it all I don't know what will... notice the extra large wheel chair...


(In this picture we are in Palmyra. My Mom and I switched off pushing the stroller and my Grandma!) My 80 year old Grandma is a very sweet lady, but she is legally blind and deaf, so as you can imagine, just going to the grocery store is quite an experience!

4 Generations!
As hard as it is for my Grandma, I am so glad she is here to visit us and too see the sights.
Us at the Peter Whitmer Farm Visitors Center. My Grandma was last here in 1980, of course back then there was no Visitors Center.

Ciella in Palmyra!!!

So far we have been shopping and been to Palmyra. We are going to attempt Niagara Falls tomorrow, even though it might rain!!!!

6 comments:

Lora said...

Sounds fun! I am sure you are happy to have family visiting! Don't worry, we will come one of these days -- how could we disappoint Brian and Carson who ask us all the time, "When are we going to New York to see Garrett, Melanie, and Ciella?" Isn't that sad? We miss you guys so much and can't believe how BIG Ciella is getting. I know this is a very long comment but I have to share this cute story with you. The other night we were driving home from Grandma and Grandpa's house, and out of the blue Brian says, "Mom, when we move next can we move to New York so we can live by Garrett and Melanie again?" I said, "Well, that sounds great and fun, but wouldn't you miss your Grandmas and Grandpas? We wouldn't live far away from them if we moved to NY." It was silent for about 30 seconds, then Brian said, "No, I wouldn't miss them -- I don't like their houses on the inside or the outside anyway. I would want to live by Garrett and Melanie because I like their house better." I guess that was the reason he came up with for wanting to move. The boys really really miss you guys and love you. It really isn't the same without you, but we are very happy for you too! (Forever long comment?)

Lora said...

opps! I meant "We would live far away from them if we moved to NY........." I accidently put wouldn't!

Jackie B. said...

OK, those are AWESOME WHEELS on your grandma's ride! Have a great visit.

nicole said...

Melanie, your grandma's wheel chair was on extreme home makeover show last night.The lady on the show had been shot and wasn't able to move her legs anymore. So she was giving one of these wheel chairs because she loved the beach and couldn't go on the beach in her regular wheel chair.I guess it is good for going on sand or something like that.

The Reed Family said...

I love your family!! they are so funny...and Ciella is so cute. by the way, next time I call you better answer...just kidding

Darcy Patterson said...

I can't believe you moved to New York... I never even got a chance to see you when you lived 20 minutes away! Anyway, how fun to live out in the east coast! I loved going to all the church history sites! Ciella is sooo adorable!