Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Creepy!

So I was just minding my own business running on the treadmill and this little, OK not so little, creature comes running down my wall. It was huge and very fast! Scared the crap out of me at first, but then I had to figure out what it was. Its a house centipede. My biggest problem now that I have discovered this large bug, is that if there's one there's usually more... and that doesn't make me happy! After I killed the little bug, which was my first instinct, I looked it up on the Internet and discovered that they can bite humans, but usually don't, but if they did it would be compared to a bee sting. Then I discovered that I should have let the poor thing live because they are one of the best insects to have in your house, they eat spiders, ants, termites, cockroaches, bedbugs and other insects. Its a sad realization that you have to live with some bugs to keep others away!

6 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I would have still killed it. That's the ugliest looking thing I've ever seen!

nicole said...

Oh that is totally creepy. I still would have killed it too.

{Anne} said...

Hey Melanie-
Oh my heck it is so good to hear from you. Your famiy is beautiful. I am so happy for you. I love reading your blog. I hope that you are doing well. That bug is aweful. I would have freaked out and called one of my neighbors to come and kill it if Stewart wasn't home. That thing shouldn't live in anyones house...it would be like having an extra mouth to feed its so big. Gross.

Shar said...

I seriously would have sh!t bricks if I would have seen that in my house.

We had scorpions in our last house.
{shiver}

P.S. I tagged you on my blog if you would ever read it!
P.S.S. How do you know Anne? Small world.

The Taylor Family said...

Mel the boys think it is pretty cool looking and but that they would have killed it too! How big like in inches was it? Do you think Next time you could snap a photo with it by something so we can see compare sizes! Ha Ha just kidding! I would have freked too. I hope you have no more in your house I really dont care that they eat other things. CREEPY!! Love Becca and Connor and Chandler

Jackie B. said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That is nasty. i would have killed it too! I kill all bugs in the house.