Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our Wonderful Basement! The Acceptance Speech!

Let me first say having a basement is wonderful! A spacious luxury you don't often see in California. I Love it!!

Except when it Floods!!!

Yes, I'd like to thank our fabulous basement for flooding, once again. This is the fifth time since August, but whose counting.

I'd like to thank our wonderful landlord who says the same thing every time: "he'll come by tomorrow."

Yet, somehow tomorrow never comes....

I'd also like to thank our defective "sump pump," (the culprit) which I didn't know existed until the flooding began!

I'd also like to say how lucky I feel to have the chance to work with, I mean clean up, the MOLD that is now creeping out of the cracks in the basement floor. I think of it as a beautiful flower growing through the concrete, like a metaphor, to bless my life...such a wonderful experience...

And lastly...

Garrett would like to thank the stench that now forever dwells in the dank depths of our basement. The same stench that causes a loathsome pain in the deepest crevasses of his bowels! Thank you.

4 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

our basement got wet once and then we realized we had a drain, so now whenever we fear water we lift the drain- you probably already have checked for a drain but if by chance you havent you should check. I hate the wet smell too- UGH!

The Reed Family said...

How lovely! I had no idea it had flooded that many times. What do you even do? Oh and Garrett's expression is hilarious!

evelania said...

Oh, sad about the flooding. Be careful about the mold, that could be dangerous. Garrett's picture is even better because Ceilla is in the background with her mouth open.

emilyy said...

It's so good to be thankful. You could teach me a few things about being positive. Good luck with the stench.