She actually LISTENS to me!
I thought this day would never come, but thankfully it has.Little miss Ciella will be throwing one of her wonderful screaming tantrums and I'll say in a nice understanding tone, "Ciella if you don't stop screaming, I'm gonna have to put you on time out." And magically the crying stops! Yes, I may have to ask her twice, but not usually more then that. Its so great to see her not only comprehend what I am saying, but consciously decided to obey me. Its actually funny sometimes how close she'll come to crossing line ON PURPOSE when I ask her to stop doing something. Like, for example, last week Garrett and I were sitting on the couch talking and Ciella hit me. So I said we don't hit mommy. So she moved to the opposite end of the couch and started hitting it. Then she slowly made her way across the couch towards me, hitting the couch with every step closer to me. Pretty soon she was hitting the couch right next to my leg, as if mocking me, but not actually hitting me!
I would have thought this "game" was way over her head, but that was not so, she totally knew what she was doing. We actually couldn't help but laugh out loud. But still she understood and the best part listened when I told her not to hit mommy. I didn't say don't hit the couch did I! So I'm sad that I may not be able to rock her to sleep forever, but I'm glad now I can tell her something and she'll obey me!
P.S Yes our basement flooded AGAIN!!!! Will this madness ever end!
5 comments:
I cannot wait for that blessed day! I think kids understand a lot more than we give them credit for.
Our basement used to flood all the time in Utah. It totally sucks. I'm sorry!
Again!! holy cow! Ciella is growing up fast...she is going to be a big sister can you believe that? p.s. you should put a picture of yourself up so we can see the little belly. :)
I remember that day. It is nice when they start to Listen, but unfortunately in my experience it did not last long. It is almost more frustrating to know that they deliberately disobey. I think it is an inborn thing with boys (and Men) to ignore. Hopefully you will have a much better experience with the whole listening thing. Sorry about your basement.
Are you kidding me, I can't believe your basement flooded again. I bet if you stopped paying rent that would help motivate the landlord to make a visit to your house and fix the problem.
Ciella is a great girl and motherhood will only get more fun for you now.
Post a Comment