Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter!

This was the first real Easter for Ciella! I wasn't gonna do anything besides give her the package that her grandma sent her last week, which we had already let her have. But at the last minute I changed my mind! I'm so glad I did.
I prepped her the day before that the Easter Bunny was going to come to our house. So Sunday morning I got her all ready for church then we headed down stairs to see her Easter basket. She was excited to see all the candy and especially the new movie she got. She now asks for the candy, specifically the chocolate bunny, just about every other minute of the day and only wants to watch her new movie Charlotte's Web! I tried to tell her that we needed to remember Jesus, but all she could think about was the candy. I guess that's all Easter is to an almost 2 year old!

8 comments:

Shar said...

So cute! I think it's going to be a while before the kids understand the Jesus part of Easter as opposed to the candy part.

She looks so cute in her dress!

emilyy said...

I love holiday's with kids. Ethan has been asking for candy non-stop as well but it is so fun to see how excited they get.

Shar said...

Melanie,
I laugh every time I think of Garrett Bascom having two daughters. That's what he gets for having all brothers!

The Reed Family said...

My theory on holiday candy...once they get it they can eat it at their discretion until it's gone...then it's gone and I don't have to hear them begging for it any more. So the more they eat each day the faster it goes! I may regret this when they are both throwing up chocolate bunnies! :)

The Taylor Family said...

I am so glad you changed your mind and did an Easter baskey for her! She is to adorable standing there holding it! What are going to do with 2 of those beautiful girlies??? So exciting!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Aren't holidays so much funner with kids?

Jackie B. said...

Too cute! So, i noticed you know Tiffany and Creed. We know them too! Well actually we are GREAT friend's with his sister Rochelle and bro-in-law Eric! Totally small world! Creed should know my husband Kevin from the studio in Rexburg. We just spent the day with the Cardon family yesterday. Jackie (Ostler) Brown.

The Taylor Family said...

Hey Mel, I thought I left a comment on this blog already? Hum maybe I am confused! Anyway I am tagging you and because you are such a wonderfulo cook I really need your suggestions! Go to my blog to see how it works.