Friday, May 9, 2008

HOME

Thank you Delta for offering such low fares that we can now afford to fly HOME!!!!! Hopefully this is where I'll be by Tuesday... the Beach!!!!! (I know what your thinking, this doesn't look like a picture of the beach, but it is, its just in the distance. It was the first beach picture I could find, OK! It was taken sometime in our 1st year of marriage as you can tell from my pre-babies body!) So we are going home for almost 4 weeks! Here we come California! Hopefully our flight goes well, we couldn't get seats together for our 6 hour flight home, so imagine me, 8 months pregnant, holding Ciella (2 years old) on my lap (I don't think I'll be able to us my folding table, what do ya think?) for the WHOLE flight, in between 2 strangers. yes you read right, the middle seat, with a pregnant belly plus a 2 year old, with out Garrett next to me to help out. Hopefully someone we sit next to will switch seats with Garrett. I can only imagine they will want to when they see that they have to sit by me and Ciella for 6 whole hours!
Good bye New York,
Hello California!
* No I will not be having my baby in Cali, I fly home at 37 weeks to give birth in NY*

9 comments:

Kellybean said...

Wait...So are you planning to have the baby in Cali? I can't believe your doc. is letting you fly so late i your pregnancy.

The Reed Family said...

Hopefully there will be an empty seat so you don't have to hold Ciella the whole time! THat would be great...Talk to you soon...p.s. I got photoshop so you'll have to teach me how to do those tiles now.

The Reed Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lora said...

Brian woke up this morning and said, "Guess what today is? Garrett, Melanie and Ciella are coming!" However he was very disappointed when I told him you would get here after his bedtime. He continued to say "Are they really going to be here for 24 days?!!!!" "I said yes, I think so!" Brian started to jump up and down with major excitment and said, "Wow I've got to play with them A LOT while they are here!" To him 24 days of Garrett, Melanie, and Ciella was just the best thing in the whole wude world and 24 days was going to last forever. We can't wait to see you!

emilyy said...

Say hello to the beach for me. I sure do miss it. Hopefully you don't go into early labor. Be careful and have fun!!!

Nicole said...

I was looking at the picture and thinking, "I want to look like her when I am 34 weeks pregnant!" Enjoy the beach!!

Rachel Gilsen said...

Hey Bascoms! This is Rachel, Nick, Codee and Bailee Gilsen! That is so cool you are having another girl like us! Well, we have a blog now so we need to keep in touch. Let me know how you guys are doing. We would love to hear from you.

Darcy and Shawn Patterson said...

are you still here, we should get together?? :)

The Reed Family said...

I am having some bad luck with flights! Jim said he found one on Delta for $270, but they must be raising prices again because so far the cheapest one I can find is $412. Which is probably a little too steep. :( I will keep searching!