Thursday, June 12, 2008

California LOVE

Yep we are back! We had such a fun trip to California, that we decided to keep the fun going and we took a trip to Long Island and Manhattan, hence the month long wait for another post! So here's a recap of our trip to CA!

The Beach! Although I was raised in CA and spent many summers at the beach I never really thought of the beach as home until moving away from it. So this was my first order of business... We had lots of fun playing with family and splashing in the waves. Ciella is not afraid of the water and would run right into waves along with her cousins. We also learned she is a sand thrower!

I had a great time at the beach until... I decided to remove my wedding ring to put on some sun screen. I know, I'm a smart one! Then forgot to put it back on and got up to go down to the water. By the time I got to the water front, I realized my ring was now somewhere in the sand, LOST! You can imagine my reaction! Mostly I was angry at my self for being so dumb. After much crying, many silent prayers, almost throwing up cuz I was so upset, and searching for my ring in the sand, it didn't turn up! About this time I am frantically sending my mother to find any store to buy a metal detector, no matter the cost, cuz I'm not leaving the beach with out my ring in hand. Thankfully my little sister at that same moment saw a sweet little Mexican man with his metal detector searching the sands. So off I ran across the beach crying, praying that this man would help me, which he did and we found my ring buried under almost 1/2 foot of sand. I was so thankful I was practically throwing money at this man who spoke almost no English! I walked away with my ring, he walked away with the only cash I had, a whopping 12 dollars. I now have a greater found appreciation for men with metal detectors!

We spent many days playing in the yard, playing in the swimming pool, enjoying Popsicle's and the beautiful weather.


We celebrated Ciella's 2nd birthday early so our family could celebrate with us. Ciella loved playing with family and friends. We had a bubble machine and a pinata. Ciella had fun opening her presents and eating tons of candy! Still to this day, she keeps asking me to sing her the Happy Birthday song!
Some of the party people!

The pinata!
Happy 2nd Birthday! Although we practiced all day blowing out the candles, when the time came all she did was stare at her cake. Until later that night when she reminded me she could blow out candles!I love presents!

All the time we spent relaxing, Garrett was out working so we can have enough money to live! He worked at least 10 hours, sometimes 13 hours, everyday out in the hot sun doing manual labor. He's thankful that's over! But I sure appreciated him working so much and so hard for our family! Also may I give him another Congratulations for finishing his 1st year (of 3 and 1/2 years) of his Masters of Architecture program. Congrats Garrett!
I was quite entertained while in Cali with my super crafty sister Lizzy, who not only gave lessons on the basics of jewelry making (sticking mostly to baby bracelets) but she also helped me make the baby announcements for baby number 2. All I have left is to put in a picture and the info as soon as baby arrives! Thank you Lizzy! Every time she helps me with something I learn so many new tricks that make getting creative much easier.

2 comments:

Cram Family said...

Glad to see you guys had such a great trip back home. I hope you are feeling well. Take care.
Love, Desserae

Kellybean said...

I am so glad that you found your ring! I would have just died. Good luck with having baby #2.