Tuesday, October 21, 2008

my architect!


This is Garrett's latest project. The assignment was to take an existing building and convert it into a 'magnet' school. His definition of his theory behind it is, "the order and linearity of the existing building is challenged through cutting and 'bending' the floors in order to exploit chaos. By doing this the normal notion of levels and 1st floor, 2nd floor, etc. is blurred by not having traditional floors. The interior floors become a network for circulation throughout the building leading to the opportunity for the children to experience their school as an urban environment with endless idiosyncratic spaces."

He is working so hard and I couldn't be more proud of him. He is so cut out for this degree, often I think he is more creative then me. Scratch that, I know he is more creative then me. He totally blows me way with the idea's he comes up with. So enjoy his creativity through these photos! And wish you were hear to absorb some of his creativeness!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow How cool do these pictures look?!?! It must run in the family. I remember when Grant was doing this degree!! Garrett is going to make an amazing Architect! Love to you all!! xx

The Reed Family said...

That is awesome! He definitely seems to have a passion for it! won't it be exciting when he graduates and he gets his first real project that you'll be able to actually walk through? Way to go Garrett!

Anthony and Kristie said...

Wow, very impressive.

Shar said...

WTF? I only understood about half of that. He was destined to be an architect. That model is awesome. Did he make it out of popsicle sticks? Kidding.