Enjoying our pretty little girls
Cadence is finally starting to get this whole sitting up thing...
Good thing she's so darn cute naked!
Opening lots and lots of presents
Considering who Cadence looks like? Most often I see nothing but Garrett, but when my hairs dyed black I see a little of me in her too. What do you think?
Although we have lived in CA our whole lives, we have never really taken the time to see all the cool places that have always been so close to us. So this trip we took advantage of all the free time we've had and visited some cool places.
We went to the Walt Disney Concert Hall, designed by Frank Gehry. It was so cool to see up close and in person. It is an unbelievable building. Although most Architects don't like his designs, after being there and seeing the building, I LOVED it! You wont hear any criticisms from me. Garrett took some really cool pictures.
We also went to the Getty Museum. It also was an UNBELIEVABLE building designed by Richard Meier . We took an Architectural Tour of the site and all the buildings associated with the Getty. It was awesome to say the least. It made me excited for Garrett to be done with school and be a practicing Architect so he can get all his creative juices flowing and design really cool buildings like the ones we saw.
After the tour we saw a few of the art collections on display. My favorite part by far was the paintings. I stood about 12 inches away from an actual original Van Gogh painting!!!!! If you know me well you will now I have a huge love/obsession with Vincent Van Gogh. So you can imagine my excitement when I learned that I was actually going to stand right in front of one. I'm pretty sure I could now die and and be happy!
The Getty, well a small part of it at least
but well it didn't turn out so well, so this is what ya get!
The Getty sits on top of the Hollywood hills, so you can imagine the view.
Here is looking out to the East, when we first arrived.
That would be down town LA in the background.
Here is looking out to the East, when we first arrived.
That would be down town LA in the background.
Here's looking to the west, at sunset! That would be Malibu beach in the distance.
We also saw a few Monet paintings and even an original Michelangelo drawing. Which I enjoyed almost as much as the Van Gogh. It was really a fun trip and we all had a blast. So if your ever in southern CA you should definitely stop by.
Hopefully if none of us are sick we will be heading up to Utah on Tuesday to visit my sister and her family, so more fun pictures to come!
9 comments:
I am sorry but little Cadence looks just like her daddy.So Frank Gehry is designing a mall here in good old Lehi Utah. I like his work it is cool.
hahaha. OK the pic of the 4 boys is awesome!
We LOVE the Getty as well! :)
Mel, it has been so fun seeing you and garrett and your beautiful girls! We are going to miss you guys when you go back to New York!
It looks like you have had a lovely Christmas so far. I love all the pictures. I especially love the one of my 4 fav cousins!! I miss you all so very much but we are coming for a visit over Easter maybe you guys will be in CA then and we can meet up with you guys. We are there for a month so there is always the possibility you might be able to make it back there. Happy New Year to you all!!
Fun post...sounds like you are having a really nice vaccation! Call me when you get back home.
please just come back to buffalo! i miss you dearly and taylor says he misses Garrett.
Melanie, this is Lindsay Hull from Redlands. I found your blog through Lora's. I didn't realize you had two girls. They are so beautiful. I love their dark brown eyes. I hope you are enjoying the east coast!---L
You've got some breathtaking little girls there! Thanks for checking out our blog. I know Ben will be glad to catch up with you and your sisters through cyberspace or however :)
If you want to see our house building blog just email me at lynnjwestbrook@yahoo.com and I'll send an invite. No obligtation to do so though.
Hey Mel it was good to see you guys again. Well we finally started our own little blog. When are you guys coming down again?-Tammy
Post a Comment