Tuesday, May 12, 2009

today

Today we went to Chestnut Ridge Preserve and hiked around the Eternal Flame Falls! It was beautiful! The hike itself is beautiful, the scenery is unbelievable and there are little waterfalls all along the trail! The final water fall, Eternal Flame, is about a 30 foot water fall and underneath one part there is a natural gas outlet, which of course is lite and the reason the water fall is called the Eternal Flame. I had heard much about it and was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed the hike as well as the waterfall and the flame was much bigger than I had imagined.
Ciella had a total blast! She wanted to run all over and seemed really brave even if she fell she got right back up and kept hiking! Cadence also had fun the lazy way and was carried around via the baby Bjorn!

Could she get any cuter?
You can see her funny front 3 teeth!

The Falls

Up close of the flame.

The beautiful trail and preserve!
We were actually in this picture,
but it took away from the pure beauty of the picture!
So Garrett kindly took us out!


After we hiked Garrett spotted a little burger place that had 2 huge play grounds for kids. So we had dinner and let the kids play! It was a perfectly warm Buffalo (actually it was in Orchard Park) day!

We got some super cute pictures of Cadence playing! We would of taken some of Ciella but she wouldn't hold still for any amount of time. So just enjoy Cadence baby!
On a side note, I officially just want to do things like this all summer! Would anybody mind supporting Garrett and I this summer so we can enjoy each other and our family everyday while camping and exploring NY?

8 comments:

Cram Family said...

your girls are just so cute!!! Sounds like you guys are having a fun adventure in NY while going to school that is so cool. Take care
Desserae
PS: I went private so if you guys want an invite email me at bdcram@hotmail.com

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how big Cadence has gotten since I left. Both girls are just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Another fun Day in Buffalo! Along with More beautiful pictures! If you find anyone to support you while you explore NY and spend time with your family ask if they want to do the same thing for one of your husbands AMAZING Cousins!! Thats me incase you didnt know!! ;)

The Taylor Family said...

Sounds like so much fun and the pictures are so pretty! The flame pic's are cool! I love the picture of Cadence's teeth! They look like Brynn's teeth when she was little! We called them hippo teeth!

emilyy said...

those pics look exactly like a place by our house. Beautiful!!!

The Reed Family said...

Melanie...I am so happy the weather has been so good and Garrett is out of school so you can do these fun adventures together! I can't wait until next wednesday when I am no longer a single mom! Finals stink!!! Did I mention I want to com to NY so bad! I am going to look at flights now,.

alyson said...

Beautiful pictures!

Lizzy said...

What a cutie Cadence is. The pictures are amazing! Looks like you guys had fun.