Tuesday, May 26, 2009

the visitors!

Garrett's Mom and Brother came for a quick visit last week. We did something fun with them everyday! We were so lucky to have perfect weather the whole time they where here so we spent all our time outside. We had so much fun and were really sad they left! Ciella even cried to ride to California in Gramma Nea's suitcase!

They came on Monday evening! We just chilled at home and had a nice dinner together!

Tuesday we headed to Rochester. There was a church there that Garrett wanted to check out because of the awesome architecture. The outside of the church just looked normal, but as soon as you stepped inside everything changed! It was designed by Louis Khan. The inside is all concrete. The picture doesn't do the architecture justice, it was incredible! The cool part was the ceiling and the walls.

This is what I found in the ladies bathroom! YIKES!

We also saw the George Eastman House. He was the guy who founded Kodak. We toured the George Eastman House and the International Museum of Photography and Film. It was pretty neat!

We also walked around the "High Falls Historic District."

In the historic part of Rochester, you get to see this hundred foot water fall.
There is a pedestrian bridge you can walk across and enjoy the view!

Ciella thought she was so funny walkin' backwards!

Like father, like daughter!
Garrett and Ciella looking at a low flying airplane.
Ciella's chocolate all over her face also looks alot like Garretts stubble!Heres Cadence showing off her "hippo teeth"
(thanks Becca for the name)
These little girls were so cute walking around holding hands!We had dinner at a little BBQ place that wasn't that bad, until...
I found a hair that had been cooked into the corn bread I was eating!!!!

On Wednesday we decided to just hang out by the Niagara River.
We ate lunch and feed the birds!

I loved these pictures of Ciella! The river in the background is so pretty.
Ciella and Cadence had so much fun feeding the birds!

Later that day we made some cup cakes and Ciella turned into a little Martha Stewart!


On Thursday we headed to Niagara Falls, the American side. We took a fun, but WET ride on the "Maid of the Mist" its a boat that takes you right up to the base of Niagara Falls. We got pretty wet. And we took no pictures because it was so wet we didn't want our camera to get ruined.

After our boat ride we headed home and let the girls play in the pool outside! They had a blast!

So did Uncle Clay!
That night we made smores on the BBQ!


On Friday we went to Palmyra.
Garrett's brother hadn't been there since he was just a little boy.
It was fun to show him all the church history sites!

Clay and Ciella atop the Hill Cumorah!
The view from the Hill Cumorah
Cadence had so much fun exploring
Ciella had so much fun running around and again wouldn't hold still for any pictures.
Clay and Gramma Nea infront of the Smith Family Log Home
Garrett and Ciella, Clay and Gramma Nea in the Sacred Grove

They left Saturday. And that was their trip!
We are sad that Grandpa Bascom and Gramma Great couldn't make it.
We hope they can all come again soon!

6 comments:

Laney said...

I thought that thing in the bathroom said, "used condoms, they're free!" And I thought, of course they are free, they are used. Nasty. I am glad they aren't used afterall. Did you take a few?

Cami and Andy said...

haha Laney, that is exactly what I thought it said!!!! Any way, Hi Melanie! I am having a party/BBQ for Andy on Saturday night at 7 at the Shaws for his B-day. If you guys don't have anything going on please come :) Kids are welcome. Email me with questions cause he will check my comments on my blog and it's a surprise.
cbirdsley@vzw.blackberry.net

emilyy said...

Sounds fun. I love when family comes to visit.

Cami and Andy said...

HI!!! So here is the address to the Evans, 274 Mapleview rd cheektowaga 14225. And I seriously bought so much food so invite whoever wants to come or can come!! + I hope you guys can come :)
email me w/questions cbirdsley@vzw.blackberry.net

Also, I'm waiting for your app to come through!

alyson said...

Ciella and Cadence are so dang cute!

Stephanie said...

Hey Sister Bascom! I found your blogger! This is Stephanie Newton from your old young womens group! how are you doing?!