Friday, December 11, 2009

one sad christmas tree

We finally got our Christmas tree!
Yeah!
It is one sad tree!
(its actually kinda funny)
We only bought lights and I broke down and bought ribbon after Ciella cried for decorations- Although I think it was a fake cry! She's got that down real well!!!
The girls LOVE the tree now that its up and the lights and ribbons are on it, so I guess that's all that counts! Right?
Sadly this is the first time we have ever actually bought a tree for our family! We have never had a Christmas with just us until this year. Cadence can't keep out of it so its probably a good thing we didn't buy decorations. Ciella has decided she is the "light controller" and gets upset if anyone touches the light switch! I didn't get any good pictures of the tree or the girls, so more pictures to come...

3 comments:

sheena said...

I love that picture. Really cute. Our first Christmas tree was little too. I ended up buying a bag of old ornaments at GoodWill to hang on the tree. Then I stuck a whole bunch of River's small stuffed animals and toys in the branches...it didn't look half bad! Just an idea!

evelania said...

One fun thing to do would be to make ornaments. You could do simple ones out of a thicker paper, crayons, and glitter. Maybe use Christmas cookie cutters for the shapes and outline them. Someone's gotta have Christmas shaped cookie cutters you can borrow, if you don't. Also, I've heard of people getting ornaments at the dollar store.

The Reed Family said...

If that is a real tree that would be good enough for me! I love the smell of a real tree! And don't worry, our lights broke so our tree is sad too, because I am not buying more.