Thursday, April 15, 2010

pain!

We are fallin' apart at our house this week!

On Tuesday Garrett has a pretty intense shoulder surgery.
We were awake at 4:45 am.
We got to the Hospital at 5:30 am,
Garrett was back in "pre-anesthesia" by 7:15 am,
surgery was at 8 am. It lasted over 3 1/2 hours.
The Dr. removed his rotater cuff muscles,
cut part of his gleniod bone off and

relocated it some where else in his shoulder
to keep his shoulder from dislocating.
A few other small things were done, like
removing a piece of bone that had broken off and
was floating around in his shoulder. YIKES.
Then had to put his muscles back in place!
He was in Recovery for over 2 hours.
When he got back to his room, he was in a ton of pain!
It took the nurses about 2 hours to get his pain under control.
We got home from the hospital at about 6:30 pm!
It may have been the longest day of my life!

Since we have been back at home the poor guy is in so much pain!
He has probably been over dosing on the pain med because he just can't seem to feel any better. So we finally talked to the Dr today and they put him on Oxycoton.
So he is finally feeling like the pain isn't so bad!

Ciella on the other hand, has bronchitis AGAIN!!!
I feel like she gets this every year!
She seems okay, but has a low grade fever and one nasty cough!
She has breathing treatments and is on antibiotics!

Thankfully, the only reason I haven't had a break
down yet is because my wonderful Mother n' law has been here to help!

Cadence is doing fine, but going through Daddy withdrawals!
She just wants to sit with him all the time and snuggle! Its pretty cute!

I have a head cold and feel not so great! But we are keeping busy and
doing lots of fun stuff with Grandma Renee. We play outside
everyday and have been to the Zoo. Shopping is next on our list!!! :)
Hopefully the rest of the week goes better huh???

11 comments:

{Anne} said...

wow...sending healing karma your way. So sorry ;(

Tiffany said...

Oh Melanie. Rough week..surgery is never fun but it sounds super bad in this case. Feel better Garrett! (and Ciella)

emilyy said...

That sucks that you are all sick. Hope Garrett gets better soon!

Kristen said...

Hang in there! It always feels like when it rains it pours. I'm sure better days are not too far away.

Candi & Ezra said...

We hope everyone feels better soon! If you and Grandma Renee want to take a night off, we would love to watch the girls or bring you dinner or something. Let me know :)

Rachel said...

Oh no! How terrible!

Natalie said...

I hope by now things are going better. If you need a meal or someone to watch your girls, let me know!

Erica said...

those pictures are CRAZY!!!! poor guy.

The Reed Family said...

OH MY GOSH!!! hearing about it over the phone didn't do it justice. that is a CRAZY incision! I feel for all of you!!

Shar said...

Baaaaa! That scar is narly. Hope it gets better soon!

Kellybean said...

I am sorry :( OUCH! That looks really OUCHIE! I got the willies... I hope you guys all get better!