Thursday, April 1, 2010

I think I'm pretty funny!

I don't think Garrett and I have ever played an April Fools joke on each other. But I have always wanted too!! So this year when I saw this funny joke on a friends blog I thought it was perfect! Lucky for me I make Garrett a peanut butter and jelly sandwich everyday, so he won't suspect a thing!!!


Make a regular pb&j and put a piece of
cardboard in the middle! I just used a piece of a cereal box covered with a baggie!
I had to adjust the size to make it fit and not be seen!

I was laughing the whole time I was preparing his lunch!
I just hope someones around to see him try and take
his first bite, and not be able to get through the cardboard!!!
I can't wait!!!

On a not so funny note...
Ciella decided to cut her hair while I was in the shower!!!
I guess its inevitable for almost all kids to find the scissors and cut away!
I straightened her hair so I could get a better look at how much damage was done-
it was way to hard to assess the damage with her curly hair!
She actually didn't do half bad! She kinda gave her self the feathered bang look!
(We had it fixed later that day by a friend who made it look better)
But you can see from the picture she cut off a pretty big chunk
of hair from the right side of her head!
When I asked her what she did her response was,
" I thought it was the Easter bunny, but it was just me Mom."
Who knows what that's supposed to mean???
But then she told me that she was trying to cut Cadences hair too,
but Cadence started crying! Cadence saved herself and didn't even know it!!!
When I showed her in the mirror and she realized
what she had done she started crying and said it looked
like Daddy's hair and asked me to make it "longer again."
So after a long talk about cutting hair, hopefully her lesson is learned!!!

8 comments:

RaCHeL said...

Love the cardboard prank! So clever! If only I made Doug's lunches. Ha! I hope Ciella's hair is ok. She did do quite a number on it. Maybe she should be my assistant :)

Jake and Whitney said...

Haha...that sandwich prank is awesome. I wish I had known about THAT one yesterday and I would have done the same thing to Jake, but then he would have wondered why I prepared a lunch for him. I'm just not as good of a wife as you I guess ;-)

Denyse said...

Tricky tricky :) I love the easter bunny reply, seriously what does that mean?? Hillarious...

Unknown said...

I find this even funnier because I remember this exact joke being played on Brian when we were all little. How funny is it that you wouldnt have known that. I bet if Garrett told his dad what you did he would really get a laugh of it!!At least Ciella didnt cut her bangs. You can cover what she did cut up with her beautiful curls! It wont be long until it all grows back Im sure of it!

Funk Family said...

Mel-
So sorry about the hair but have to admit that I was laughing pretty hard at the post. You described it so well I could imagine little Cadence running away crying. When I ask Eliza if she wants her hair cut she says no she'll look like a boy, she's always bragging her hair is longer than mine. It helps that she is scared it will hurt if it gets cut.

The Reed Family said...

great joke! Oh and even my boys (well I think just carter actually)) has cut his hair

The Taylor Family said...

Hello where is the after picture???? We need to see how it was fixed!

Kellybean said...

I totally see your face laughing as you do it. You little devil.