I havent taken pictures of the normal one's we see on a regular basis but they include:
100's of bunnies, we see bunnies outside like people see cats outside in California- a million and all over. We see bunnies all year round! (maybe we see 3 cats a year!- thats nothing compared with the crazy amounts of them running wild in CA)
3 large ground hogs who make a daily appearance and eat in the grass, they are also quit large
and of course tons of squirles!
Our favorite friends are the wild turkeys (2- a male and female). They come out in the late spring and early summer and walk through our back yard almost everyday, sometimes twice a day for about a month, then disappear until the next year! Come by at the right time and you'll see them too!
Sometime ago, 2 years actually, we were in our yard admiring the 5 babies birds that had fallen from where their nest... (warning: terribly sad story follows)
when a very large hawk came and attacked the little baby bunny that was also in our yard! That was awful to say the least. the poor bunny made the most awful sounds. Garrett ended up scaring the hawk so the bunny got away. But then the hawk promptly found the baby birds and ate them instead. All of this happened right in front of us might I add. I was ready to save the birds and take them in as our new pets but it was literally 24 hours from my scheduled inducement of Cadence baby! I didn't think I could handle anymore then one crying baby to feed!
the hawk with the bunny in tow!
Recently during a rather big rain storm we saw 3 LARGE Geese. I wasn't about to run out in the rain and take their picture. So just imagine! But they were big and they were full on fighting, loudly fighting. That's what caught our attention. It was pretty cool.
Last summer Garrett took the girls on a walk and about 2 houses down from us they saw a full grown male buck with HUGE antlers and along with him- his 2 lady friends, 2 more deer!
That's all I can think of right now, but I am gonna try and take pictures of everything new we see! This is one of my favorite things about living in western New York!
Got any cool animals running wild where you live?
2 comments:
Wow! No need to go to the zoo, just head to your backyard! That's crazy!
We had so much fun today at your house.... you throw quite the party!! Thanks for the great lunch and fun time! Happy birthday Ciella!
oh the memories you will have! We see all kinds of interesting things too but I would prefer it to be deer and geese and such! I miss you...i'm used to talking to you everyday and I am having withdrawls!! the time change and family functions out west here are keeping us pretty busy! talk to you soon, Love you!!
Post a Comment