She came by herself for her first week here and then my Dad joined her for the last week. My sister Lizzy also just moved from Mexico to Michigan and she drove about 5 hours to join us for a long weekend! We had so much fun.
Me and my beautiful sister Lizzy (picture from January 2010)
The first week my Mom was in town I kept her pretty busy doing all the things I wanted to do before we leave Buffalo. We went to Crystal Beach in Canada. Went shopping at the Mall. Went to the Erie county Fair and ate more tasty food then you can even imagine. One day Garrett kept the girls so we could go to the Palmyra Temple, enjoy a ladies lunch and then hit up all the antique stores in Palmyra (there's TONS!!!!!!) We so enjoyed the Temple and the beautiful view of the Sacred Grove! And we were pretty much gone all day, so thanks Garrett!
The gals at crystal beach
My Mom and the girls at the Fair
Our family at the fair
The girls at the fair
My Mom and Dad and the girls at the Zoo
We even hit up a few estate sales and antique places here in Buffalo, including "Buffalo Re-use" this isnt an antique store but it has really cool old housing parts! I got this little gem for 10$, just wait till I show you the after pictures!!!
Then my Dad and sister her her 4 kids joined us and we had lots of things planned. We went on the Buffalo Harbor Cruise and really enjoyed the tour and boat ride. We went up to the Observation Tower at the City Hall and enjoyed the look out and beautiful view! We went to Niagara Falls where we enjoyed ice cream and french fries and were rained on too! The Kids thought the Falls were really cool, but had no desire to walk ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE CAR!!! IN THE RAIN NO LESS!!!
We went to Crystal Beach yet again and the kids had a blast swimming and burying eachother in the sand!
Lizzy and her boys on the boat
The girls were inseparable with their cousin Chloe!
The kids having nothing but fun at the beach!
Cadence swimming her little heart out!
She was scared to death of the water until she realized her float held her up. Then we couldnt get her out of the water! She had so much fun!!!
We had so much fun and I was seriously SAD to see my family leave! I felt like I hadn't seen my Mom is years but it was really only since January. I would have begged her to stay longer if she didnt have things to get home too! And I'm sad we are leaving Buffalo soon and probably wont have anymore visitors!
1 comment:
We had so much fun visiting you! Cant wait for you to visit us in Michigan now!
Post a Comment