Sunday, October 3, 2010

don't ya just hate emergency rooms!

Tonight Cadence was jumping on our bed, fell off and bit the inside of her cheek. But she didn't just bite her cheek, she bit so hard that the pressure pushed the actual "inside's" of her cheek out. OUCH!!!!! 
  She is so sad with her swollen right cheek!
Yeah, "inside's"  like the skin cells between the inside and outside of your cheek, maybe it was more like fatty tissue, who knows! But it wasn't good! It looked like a chewed up piece of bubble gum, weird creases and all stuck to the inside of her cheek! Poor girl! When the bleeding stopped and we could see the damage we took her right to the emergency room. They pushed the insides back in, and stitched her up! Our poor girl got 2 stitches in her mouth and it wasn't pleasant! She was so scared being held down and having her whole face covered while they numbed her (which you can imagine hurt like crazy!) and stitched her up! She is still about as sad as she looks in the pictures! Sad Sad Sad!

6 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

Ooh how sad:( She looks miserable.

RaCHeL said...

Oh my gosh! That is horrible. Poor little thing.

Cram Family said...

Oh my gosh so sad! She just looks so sad! Sometimes it is so hard to be a parent and watch you children go through that pain!! Hope she gets to feeling better soon and it was not to tramatic for you and Garrett also!!

Unknown said...

Flippin Heck, your poor little girl. I hope she got lots of special treats for being so brave. That is terrible!! Lots of Love for us.

emilyy said...

SOOO Sad! poor girl hope she is feeling better

Funk Family said...

Mel-
I feel your pain. Or Cadence's. Emmitt bit through a teeny bit right below his lip and almost all the way through the rest of it. We, OK I fell down the stairs holding him and he bit down for some reason when he hit the floor. I watched Emmitt go through what you described minus the insides hanging out. I could see all the flesh. He ended up with four stitches. Hopefully you were braver than I was, I almost passed out watching them torture my baby. I know they were helping but it was horrible watching him go through that. Oh guess what day it was? Oct.3. Must have been something about conference weekend huh? Hopefully she is feeling a bit better now. I hear the mouth heals quickly. Miss you guys.