Cadence is 2 weeks old today! I'd love to say she's getting bigger but... last time we had her weighed she was only 6 lbs 8 oz, and at birth she was only 6 lbs 3 oz, when we left the hospital she was 6 lbs 1 oz. So thats only 7 ounces in 14 days. Mostly because she has/had Jaundice and was a new born she was sooo sleepy, she wouldn't wake up and eat so she was not gaining weight. Most babies gain an ounce a day, this little angel only gained 3 ounces in one week. So I was forced to set my alarm at night to get up and feed her every 2 hours, after she would nurse I'd practicaly force feed her formula to help her gain weight. That whole process takes almost 1 and 1/2 hours just to get her to wake up and nurse and STAY awake long enough to fill her tummy. Thankfully that is working and she is finally growing. Although I might die from exhaustion!
She is staying awake more and more each day. And even starting to make noises at us! So heres Cadence Faye at 2 weeks old! Enjoy the pictures!

I just love these little hands!


8 comments:
Oh I Love her! She is so cute, I wanna hold her! Guess what? I am pregnant! So I am loving your baby pics, it is getting me more excited!
she is too cute! I miss Brooke being that small. It will be really weird if I have a bigger baby, but you get what you get!
sounds almost the same as when Emma was born...I felt like I was going to die from exhaustion too!! Hang in there....you're almost through the worst!
She is beautiful. And it can only get easier with the sleep patterns. Just try to enjoy it while you can because as you well know it goes so fast and before you know it she will be 2 years old and weigh 27 lbs like Ciella. You have a beautiful family!
Seriously Melanie how do you get such great pictures! Only 14 days until I get to see you guys(or less because I probably won't be able to wait until that Tuesday to see her and you of course)
She is so beautiful...both of your girls are! Congratulations!
How precious... congratulations! Hang in there re: limited sleep --Heavenly Father is pretty good about making mothers tough.
Take care.
She is adorable. You must be exhausted from waking up so much. You need to give Cadence to Garrett and put on Madagascar for Ciella and take a nap.
What are you still doing up? Go take a nap:) Parker was asking for Ciella today, we miss you guys.
Post a Comment