Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I go pee pee in potty..."

Well we are officially starting potty training today! We shall see how it goes! Ciella is giving me lots of signs that maybe its the right time, like every time I turn my back she has her diaper off and says "mi bum hurt" including when I'm not looking at church. Ciella has now flashed most of the people in my parents ward! And yesterday Ciella came over holding her finger up at me with poop on it and said "stinky bum, stinky bum..." yes she stuck her finger in her pants to show me her poo! So we got her really excited to go buy more underwear (we have all her potty training stuff at home, not expecting to potty train while in California) and candy to eat if she poo's and pee's on the potty! So good luck to us and the floor at whomever's house we are at when she has one of her many expected accidents! Update to come as we see how it goes!

2 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

Although Parker was potty trained before we left New York, we are back to diapers. Parker absolutely refuses to use the potty. I don't know what went wrong the only thing I can think is all this change overwhelmed him. Good luck with the potty training. The only advice I have is stay positive. If it is a positive experience I am sure Ciella will be trained in a couple of days she is a smart girl.

The Reed Family said...

good luck, it is definitely one of the most frustrating things, but well worth it! this is one of the things I wish there were just a button you could push and voila! Or even just a user manual or something. Different things seem to work with different kids (we did the candy a little) but mostly I think it's just a matter of sticking to it despite all the accidents you will be cleaning up! Talk to you soon!