Wednesday, March 11, 2009

our little sicko

Ciella has pneumonia.

Dear Ciella,
At our house when you have pneumonia
you don't have to do anything but sleep on the couch all day long!

Except get up to go potty,
with your blanket,
that you are beyond attached to
and can't go to the bathroom with out!
Unless your temperature reaches 103.5
Then your Mom gives you a mini ice cream cone
and any and everything else cold
in hopes that it will bring down your fever.
You will most likely have a high fever
accompanied with some serious sweating
and the chills all at the same time!
And some seriously SAD eyes!
and a dirty face since you haven't been off the couch in hours...
This then turns into your little sisters lucky day.
Free reign to all toys.
Since you can't get off the couch to rip them from her fingers.


Your Mom on the other hand feels like the worst parent alive!

Love, Mom

I feel terrible,
I knew she was sick.
She had a cough, a fever for several days,
a cold and what I thought was an ear infection,
hence the Doctors appointment we went to today.
I just though it was the never ending-
winter cold that every other child in this freezing state has.
I am sad that it turned out to be pneumonia.
I think she is sad too!

14 comments:

Betzy said...

You are not the worst parent alive. It happens to all of us. My daughter caught a cold and had a cough but no fever so I didn't think anything of it. I only took her to the Dr. because of her previous heart condition and well to make sure they were aware of her cough but nothing else. Well it turned out she had the beginings of pneumonia. It was the first time she had ever been sick so imagine my surprise. We can do our best to protect them and have the best mother's instint but sometimes these things happen. Just keep taking care of her like you always have because to tell you the truth..you are one of the few good ones out there! Hope this helps! :-)

Anthony and Kristie said...

Poor Ciella, when I was reading the post I wanted to pick her up and hold her, she looks so miserable.

Erica said...

Poor little Ciella! Those are the cutest pictures though.

Sheena said...

There is nothing more heart-breaking than a sick child. Ciella is lucky to have such a great Mom to take care of her! Keep the icecream coming!

brentandkashann said...

This is a good post. Document what a great mother you were to her when she was sick. She'll be grateful someday.
Love the pictures. Hope she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor sweet baby! There is nothing worse than when your babies are sick! You are a wonderful mother, and you will get through this!

emilyy said...

Oh sick kids are SO sad. especially ones with pnemonia. I hope she can get some treatment and gets better soon.

The Taylor Family said...

So sad! I love the potty picture! I love the mini ice cream cone idea. Mel you are a great mom, dont get down about yourself!

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Sick kids are so sad. IO bet anything you are such a good mom. We moms are to quick to judge ourselves. The potty picture is SO cute. I hope she is back to her normal self soon!

Unknown said...

YOu are definitely not the worst mother. This past weekend I let my sons Temperature get to 104.7 and then have a seizure. Ok so I tried everything I could to get his temperature down. But nothing worked and then he ended up in the hospital for 2 1/2 days. i think I win the worst mom ever award. (more details on my blog)

Im sorry that Ciella isnt well. There is nothing worse than having sick children. Im sure she will be back to her normal self in no time at all! Try and get some rest yourself. Love to you all!! xx

alyson said...

aww poor baby! I hope she feels better soon :( Even though she looks so sad she is still adorable!! You guys are a beautiful family :)

steph said...

awww...poor little ciella. that's no fun. i hope she's feeling better soon and that you get some time to be sane!!

Lizzy said...

I cant believe she has pneumonia. I would have done the same thing, by not taking them to the doctor, until I thought it was something more. That is what we are taught to do, unless you live in Mexico. Down here if your kid sniffles you take them in. Anyway, I get side tracked easily. You listened to that mothers instinct and did make an appointment. So, it isnt an ear infection, at least you took her in. You did good. Ciella will be better in no time. I love the potty picture.

taylor and laney said...

the toilet picture is my favorite.