Sunday, April 19, 2009

expanding my horizons...

Those of you that know me well, know that I love to cook. I am not so great at it, but I love to do it! I am terrible at inventing my own recipe, and so I depend on others for great ideas. But I feel like I rarely try something exciting, so when I found these recipes on "Smitten Kitchen" I couldn't wait to try them out!

These Vegetable dumplings where totally up my alley. Something I knew I would LOVE.
And love them I do.
These are so easy and so good. I have enjoyed them for 2 days now! I highly suggest you give them a try! The recipe even has a great sauce to accompany these little bits of heaven!
The filling is basic vegetables and tofu, with a Asian flavored sauce! I followed her recipe to the "T" and they turned out perfect!


Chicken Empanadas
The next recipe I attempted was not something I would normally make. But I am trying to expand my horizons with cooking. Some of the ingredients I don't actually like by themselves, like green olives and pork chorizo. But overall it was a pretty good dinner! The crust was incredible, flakey and perfectly browned!

5 comments:

Jinky said...

These look incredibly delicious! If I can cook as well as you, the missionaries would come over more often! What an amazing cook you are!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to look these up. :)

Garth, Melissa and all the Crazies said...

Never heard of the Smitten Kitchen until now. I checked it out and am in LOVE! I don't love to cook but I love to eat and her stuff looks fantastic. Thanks!

Anthony and Kristie said...

I didn't know how you do it, but you make me want to eat vegetables.

emilyy said...

You can cook for me any day!!! I'm putting together a cookbook of all my favorite recipes right now. I can send you a copy if you want. I do the same thing and get all my recipes from other people.

Lizzy said...

Those look yummy? Can I order some???