Tuesday, September 29, 2009

side effects! Yikes


Over the weekend I went with a friend to see this exhibit at the Science museum. I was super excited to go because I am so fascinated by the body. I had a great time and did enjoy the exhibit although there were a few things that bothered me.

But to my great dismay I am having one terrible side effect:

I can't bring myself to eat meat!

Seriously?!? I love meat, I live in Buffalo (okay Amherst, but still) for crying out loud, crispy Buffalo wings never tasted so good. I've even started liking hot dogs this past year. Who doesn't love a good cheeseburger, a perfectly cooked steak is normally right on top of my favorite food list! But all this has since changed!
I am not sure if it was seeing real muscles, things we eat without thinking about it if its an animal, but seeing real humans pushed me right over the edge and I haven't eaten meat since!

Every time I try too, like when I tried to cook ground meat, the smell alone turned my stomach. I had to get that smell out of my kitchen before I could even think about eating anything else!
I am totally struggling!
I did eat a slice of pepperoni pizza yesterday and the pepperoni didn't bother me one bit, so there must be hope for me. (My reaction may be different if a large hunk of meat gets placed before me!) I don't feel like I want to be vegetarian nor am I planning on being one, but for now there is a serious struggle going on in my mind and stomach!
So what am I doing now... Well yesterday I bought tofu and plan on trying it out! Garrett is also being a champ and is totally up to humoring me. What a guy!
I could use all the help I can get! Anyone have any idea's for how to get me out of this ???

3 comments:

Anthony and Kristie said...

I am just throwing some ribs on the barbecue, want to come over for dinner:)

Kellybean said...

This is why I do not eat meat and have not since I was 6 years old. The thought of eating something that was a bloody muscle that is now a scab makes me sick! Remember when you used to eat jerky all the time and I was always grossed out? That's why!
Anyways I know it is a mental thing with me that I just can't get past, but I have no issues with other people eating animals and what have you.

Kellybean said...

P.S. I had a hard time looking at those shriveled up penises.