Tuesday, January 19, 2010

life... as we know it!

This may be the longest post ever so beware... but its mostly pictures! So enjoy!!!
This past month has gone by so fast and here's what we have been up too! Christmas, family visiting, a funeral at home in CA plus a baptism, the flu and good friends!!!!

First, Christmas was so fun this year.
Ciella got up close and personal with Santa for the first time this year, it didn't go over so well. Here she is hiding, and holding on to Miss Kim, her school teacher, for dear life! She did whisper that she wanted a pink barbie though!!
Ciella also went to the movies with her friends Ella and Ruby to see the Princess and the Frog!
They had a blast!
We stayed at home here in Buffalo and had our own little Christmas. For Christmas Eve I made part of a dinner we had with close friends. We enjoyed Tamales, Mexican rice, pork carnitas, sweet bread and yummy desserts and drinks! We had a super fun gift exchange and we came home with a huge tub o' wheat! I was thrilled, I had been wanting wheat for a long time! Garrett wasn't so thrilled!

Richard got the Napoleon Dynamite socks that also doubled as ear muffs or mittens and DVD we brought!
Andy and Camille went home with awesome gifts too, a du-rag and African princess tree topper!
We had so much fun, that I forgot to take any pictures so I stole these from Erica. I didn't capture the gifts everyone else got, but I'm pretty sure they were put to good use in the "bedroom"!!!!
Christmas morning was pretty low key. The girls got up at about 10am after being up late at our party the night before. We opened presents and then made a big breakfast of home made buttermilk pancakes and bacon!! The girls favorite present by far was the tent Garrett picked out for them. They play with it almost everyday! It was a huge hit! Garrett gave me a little camera so I don't have to lug around our gigantic SLR! I was thrilled! I also got imitation Uggs and sunglasses. I gave Garrett new head phones and the "Flight of the Concords" seasons 1 and 2!!!

breakfast tent
That night Garrett's parents and little brother came in for a visit! We had so much fun with them and so enjoyed their visit!

Clay, Garrett and Cadence and His dad Brian

We played in the snow and made a sad snow man with the little amount of snow we had.

Made and decorated cookies.
Here's Garrett's bloody evil Santa!
Went shopping, played and had fun!

And the most exciting thing for me was refinishing a chair I had purchased for 4$ bucks at a thrift store! I had sanded and re-stained and totally refinished it right before Garrett's parents came. But Garrett's Mom who is incredible at sewing helped me finish it off by making a cushion and pillow for the chair!!! I had previously bought the fabric I wanted so she got busy and sewed like crazy! Thank you Renee!!! I absolutely LOVE the finished product and can't wait to do something else!!! I also contacted the chair maker (for parts)to find out that its worth over 500 bucks!!!!!
Go me!!!

before
and after!!! Isn't it gorgeous!!!
I love the grain in the wood and the dark color I chose to re-stain it!
One of my favorite features of the chair is its curved arms! I think they are beautiful!
And the cushion and pillow are fantastic too!



Soon after Garrett's family left they decided very last minute to fly us out for Garrett's Grandpa's unexpected funeral! It was so sad!!!
Grandpa!
(thanks Alisha,I hope its OK I took this picture from your blog)
He was an unbelievable man, an although I had only known him for about 5 years he treated me like I was one of his own Grand children! He was so kind and dedicated to the Savior and his family! I was lucky to have known him! What a great example!
Garrett and the girls at the cemetery.
Although we went home for a sad occasion it was great timing because all my family was together for the baptism of my sweet niece Chloe!
She asked me to give the baptism talk and I was so honored that she thought of me!
I love you Chloe, Congratulations!
It was so nice to see my whole family and spend time together with Garrett's as well.
I loved seeing my sisters:
left to right: Becca, Aly, Me and Lizzy!
My oldest sister Becca and her family came from Utah.
My next oldest sister Lizzy and her family came from Mexico
And my little sister Aly and her family who live in Redlands with the rest of our families
All the grand kids that were at the baptism!
The only grand kids not pictures where my brother Carey's kids who didn't make it and who I didn't even get to see! Bummer! I missed you Carey, Shawna and boys!

Since Garrett had to get back to New York for school, his trip was pretty quick. We left Friday late afternoon and he went back early Monday morning. (We stayed till Thursday) So while he was in town with us we tried to visit with as much of our families as we could.
He had fun being funny with his brothers.
While the girls had fun playing with his parents and their
2 boy cousins on that side of the family!
The girls and Grandma Nea
The girls with Carson and Brian!

Then Monday after Garrett left we spend time with my family and enjoyed being out in the California sun!
Ciella loves the rain boots she got from Grandma B and wouldn't take them off!
We had so much fun playing with the family!
Cadence loves her grandma B
Then our visit took a turn for the worse when Ciella got the flu! She felt awful, and woke up in the middle of the night 3 separate times to throw up! Poor girl!
Then we left a few days after Garrett,
and
while on the plane ride home
Cadence also got the flu!

So picture me
alone
on a FULL flight
with both girls

and Cadence throwing up all over,
countless times!!!!

Thankfully I was sitting next to a saint of a man, Jeff, who couldn't have been nicer. He was so kind and held up a bag for Cadence to throw up into every time she threw up! Then while I was cleaning up myself and comforting Cadence, he would take away the gross bag and bring back another one! I think I would have cried and been a wreck if it wasn't for him! Thank you Jeff! Finally when we got into the baggage claim and into Garrett's welcoming arms, Cadence threw up all over Garrett too! Yikes right?! She continued to throw up all night and felt miserable!

Then Abby and her sweet family came up for a visit!!! Yea!!!
We had so much fun... and so did the kids!
Cadence, Mckenzie, Parker, Max, Ruby, Perry, Ella and Ciella

The night they got here (Friday) we went to Erica's where
they were staying to welcome them back to good ole' Buffalo!

Saturday we all ate dinner together! Delicious cafe Rio that I wont want again any time soon since I threw it up right outside their house!

I may look ok in this picture, but I was feeling pretty sick!
But I couldn't not spend time with Abby!

Garrett, Anthony, Richard, Jeff
Me, Kristie, Erica and Abby!!!
Then Sunday night, after I recovered from the flu and Garrett got the flu...
We hung out again and enjoyed talking as girls!

Us girls... and Richard!
Monday morning before Abby and Jeff headed back to Penn State us girls and a few more friends went to breakfast! It was so fun getting together and remembering all the funny things we love about each other!
I love you Abby! Come visit again soon!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the new photo on your header! You guys are adorable!

Great post too!

evelania said...

Oh my, where do I start? Love your long post. Love the chair!!! That is AWESOME! I read about people re-doing their furniture all the time and want to do that myself but never have. You did a great job.

Sounds like you are having tons of fun except the sick part. Yuck and yuck. Jeff was a miracle for you. That makes me think of when Pres. Kimball (I believe) comforted a crying child at an airport once and his mother was able to re-book her flight home. She later found out (I think she joined the church later) that it was the prophet who had done that and wrote him a letter of gratitude.

Cadence looks like she is growing up so fast! You sure do make cute babies!

Boss said...

Your kids are adorable as always, especially in polka dots. So cute!

And I LOVE the chair you refinished. I have a whole lineup of furniture waiting for me to get brave enough to try it. I might have to add you to my speed dial.

Anthony and Kristie said...

I love the new family picture, the chair looks amazing. What in the heck are Garrett and his brother wearing? I loved that we got to hang out so much, that was so fun.

Unknown said...

What a busy month! Since you were able to get a picturecah of Grandpa from my blog I assume you can see it now! Phew! I am glad that you have all had such a great month! Your chair is beautiful! x

The Reed Family said...

I loved the long post. what fun times and some great pictures!! I wish I could come visit you. And by the way your hair looks so dang cute I want to copy your haircut! Love it!

abbyjane said...

wahoo! i love you too!

emilyy said...

Wow that was a long post :) I LOVE that chair, it's gorgeous!!!!

Lynn said...

That chair is incredible. Is there a contest somewhere for refurbishing furniture? You would definately win!